1.08.2010



Trying new things

First for my Mothers christmas present I refinished and re-upholstered an old wooden love seat that has been in our family for some time. (first time ever taking on something like this, wanted to smash the thing half way through)
I looked up some of the characteristics of the seat and its over 200 years old. It was stuffed with horse hair and hay. The horse hair kind of freaked me out a little and I wore gloves to take it out. It was originally stained a lovely cherry, but I sanded that all off and re stained it with a hickory. Some of the cherry shows through though with I think gives it a nice red/purple-ish tint. Below are some pictures. Not bad for my first furniture refurbishing I'd say.
Sadly the After pics were taken at my mothers house where the lighting is not that great.

Here is a Back detail, Its a faux impressed brown leather.

This is a better image of the actual color of the material.

No comments: