7.13.2009


NEW PAINTING!!


I painted this for Subtext Gallery in San Diego, they are doing a Comicon themed show. The specific theme was "Meanwhile..." basically superhero's/villains in real life situations/bad day situations. I struggled with this, i thought i'd have no problem doing it but all the ideas i came up with i didn't think i could pull it off in my style. My original idea was doing Nightcrawler in a teller line at the bank, and he passed gas and it would be a little purple cloud by his bottom. But I thought everyone would be doing potty humor. So I ended up doing this piece...."Venom Bad day with Sprinkles"
Acylic on canvas
8x10
$200
Contact Subtext gallery if interested

It was modeled after the worst day I ever had, and at the end of said day baskin robbins was having free scoop day, a light at the end of the tunnel. So i got my favorite ice cream World class chocolate, and in one lick due to BR's lazy cone filling style it fell to the floor and some snooty hair dressers laughed at me. I almost cried, and BR wouldn't give me another scoop. The turds.

No comments: